Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The One With The Meltdown

Leah, Age 4

This is during recreation in Awana...


All the kids are playing the games...then oh no! we're switching games! With Pre-schoolers this doesn't always go over well. So the guys leading the games tell all the kids to get into a hula hoop and they would start the music. When the music stopped they had to find a hoop and if you were in the hoop the person pointed to YOU WOULD BE OUT!...These 4 words often don't go over well with pre-schoolers either. So I see all 13 of my kids following directions to play except..one. Yes one child out of both classes and 20 plus kids would not want to comply. So I walked into the middle of all the chaos to ask her why she wasn't playing. As soon as the words came out of my mouth oodles and oodles of tears just came pouring out of this child's eyes. I was like Leah Leah calm down and tell me what's wrong. By this points it's like Niagara Falls and the child won't even calm down enough to speak. I said "Leah calm down, and use your words to tell me what's wrong...(If I had a nickel every time I said that one.) Finally she mumbled the words.."I don't want to play because I don't want to lose."
Oh to be 4 years old and completely lose it because you are afraid to lose a game of four corners. ;)


**Names changed for protection of children's identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment