Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The One With Only One Word

Sarah, Age 3.5...She is one of my most entertaining littles.

I had one child with a broken flip flop so she kept taking her shoes off...which automatically means EVERYONE else wants to take theirs off also...


After answering "No" to the taking the shoes off question...at least 3 or 4 times... stubborn strong-willed Sarah is sitting at the table for snack and I suddenly see little toes ON THE TABLE. So my co-teacher said, "Sarah, why are your feet on the table?" ...She goes on..."And why are your shoes and socks off after Ms. Erin told you not to?" So like any 3 year old she gets that little look in her eyes and sits in silence just staring at you..almost like a dog after getting in trouble haha. I told her it would probably be a good idea if she put her shoes and socks back on her feet. After 5 minutes or so of refilling waters and feeding crackers to little vultures I noticed little toes BACK ON THE TABLE! I asked her, "Sarah why haven't you put your shoes and socks back on?" She puts out her hands and shrugs her shoulders while saying, I don't know how. "Well, do you think it would be a good idea to ask a teacher for help?" I sat down on the floor with her and begin putting her socks and shoes back on. I then asked her, "Sarah what have we learned from this?" She looked at me with that puppy dog face and simply said, "Obey."
I mean what more could you possibly ask for from a 3 year old. :)

**Names changed for protection of children's identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment